Thursday, May 31, 2012

East Coast Windsurfing Festival Warmup

As the forecast for some long-awaited southwest wind grew near, I had to check back to see how long it's been since we had a real, full power day of sailing in a nice warm, southwest breeze at Heckscher. It's the most dominant wind direction for the summer months and the most likely direction the wind will be for the East Coast Windsurfing Festival next weekend on June 9th and 10th. Usually May is one of the best months of the year here on Long Island, but I didn't get a single SW day the entire month! In fact, the last time I sailed powered on a sw day at Heckscher was all the way back on March 8th! Another incredible SW day at Heckscher that I just had to write about. And wouldn't you know it, only a week before the ECWF, we had a nearly duplicate day of sailing. I was powered on my 4.5 nearly the entire day with a short session on the 5.0 while the wind backed a bit. And another big thanks to John Dunn (editor and photographer for the NY Times) for stopping by and getting some more great shots. I hope to see everyone June 9th and 10th at the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment