Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Go-Pro on a stick!

We had an incredible day at West Meadow Beach today. This one of my all time favorite spots. This is the low tide version of West Meadow. There is an 8 or 9 foot tide change every 6 hours or so. At high tide there are some overhead waves perfect for some big air. Unfortunately the go-pro on a stick only likes low tide but it did a great job filming for me.

I have to say, I'v never felt so in control of my gear in my life. The Severne Freek and Fanatic Skate combo is just incredible.


Windsurfing with Go Pro on a stick! from Mike Burns on Vimeo.

6 comments:

  1. Mike:

    Love the switch in views on the tricks... even changed suits! Magic! Haha! Snow in the background? Thank you for the view on the flaka at 1:20ish. Perfect help. Also been meaning to say thanks for the super helpful shaka view on an earlier video this year. Finally, thanks again for the kono tips! Yeah buddy! Please keep posting!

    Beric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the Burner Angle from the boom!

    Hang Loose,
    Eduard

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw which GoPro are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. At 1:21 it looks like a double spin flaka and at 3:00 looks like a double flaka. Is the flaka at 1:21 the same as the one at 3:00 just the mast mounted camera make it look like a spin flaka?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Joe! Those were two different tricks from two different spots. I mixed in some footage I had laying around from a day earlier in the year with the go-pro on a literal stick footage to mix up the angles a bit. Somebody else that was out the same day asked how I survived with short sleeves for 1/2 the day. Temps were in the 40s and I needed gloves for the go-pro on a stick day.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    ReplyDelete